Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I hate Murphy!

and his little Law, too. I was feeling a little rocky on the ride home Sunday, but I stayed up, got lesson plans for Monday and my first earrings and Zentangle done for the challenges, and went to bed feeling pretty prepared (see previous post). I survived Monday, but came home that night and crashed, cursing the upper respiratory infection my family had passed onto me. Come Tuesday, I made it until about 10:30, at which point I called my husband to come get me and the school counselor to take over my class until the substitute arrived, as I felt passing out in the library was not in anyone's best interest. So I spent the rest of the day and night and most of today in bed. I don't just have an URI, I have strep!!! So at least one more day at home, assuming this is not a resistant strain and I don't need more antibiotics, and I still don't feel up to jewelry making, putting me at least 3 and probably 4 days behind on the Earrings Every Day challenge, and I haven't been able to do my Strathmore workshop at all, and I'm behind on the pieces I want to make for other competitions. But rather than just throwing in the towel, I'm going to not try to catch up but just to jump in from here and keep going. That is the best I can do, and something is superior to nothing. Now I just have to stay awake long enough to do something.

2 comments:

666777888 said...

Eeek. Strep is no fun. Get better soon.

Christy said...

Thanks DyLinn! I am feeling better today.