Sunday, November 17, 2013

Santa's Pocket Watch

Here is my first Christmas project of the year. Inspired by a Tim Holtz project for Hobby Lobby (http://ow.ly/i/3ysnY), I gave it a seasonal spin. Note the hour/minute hand points to 12 because Santa always makes deliveries at midnight, doesn't he? The red and green compass helps him find his way. There are some cookie sprinkles and bits of snow in the watch - he's had it a really long time. The charms just make him smile, and that's really what the season is about: making other people smile (and the birth of Jesus, but I'll save that for another post.)

I used Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Compass Coins, Game Spinners, Pocket Watch, and Seasonal 8X8" paper pad. Ranger's Liquid Pearls provided the shimmer. ICE Resin filled the charm and part of the watch. The bezel on the Santa and candy cane charm is from Spellbinders. Beads and small charms are from stuff I've had so long I'm not sure where they came from anymore. Cookie sprinkles are glass microbeads, and the snow is from Hobby Lobby, where most of the rest of the items were purchased.

No comments: