Monday, December 16, 2013

A confession about markers...

... see, I've never liked them much. Although I have enough markers for several art classes, I just don't feel like I know how to use them. In elementary school, when the teacher said, "and you can all use markers on this project," my friends were wildly cheering and I was thinking, "you said we CAN use markers, not we HAVE to use markers, so I'll stay over here with my crayons, which are MUCH easier to control." I was the designated filler in of large spaces that had already been outlined by my much more competent teammates.

And now we come to the present day. I have books on lettering, I've attended workshops on lettering, and I still can't make myself do anything but the very simple font I developed in high school, while everybody else was decorating things with wonderful names and cute icons on their notes. I've decided I must learn to letter, so I'm taking a wonderful online class through My Creative Classroom and starting to get the hang of it.

No comments: