Friday, March 27, 2015

Springtime brings changes...

...and one of the biggest is that I am no longer living with the rest of my family. I chose to move out after my husband continued an intimate relationship I asked him to stop. However, this almost pales in comparison to the car incident I had.

See, I was trying to load a whole bunch of stuff into my car after my move. I wanted to back up the driveway, which has a curve, and it was raining. It had been raining and snowing and raining, so things were very wet. I managed to get my front wheels off the driveway and into the mud. And since my poor Tiggy is front wheel drive, the tires got deeper, and deeper, and deeper into the mud. It finally took our neighbor's F-150 to pull me loose enough to get up on the driveway.

So now Tiggy is all muddy and needs a bath. I am hoping to get to the dealership this weekend to have the door hinge tightened and the whole car washed.

This card had a nice brown that reminded me of mud, but pretty spring colors to lift my spirits and remind me of spring (which finally arrived on my birthday last weekend, thank you!) It's also my week 3 project from the Making Matters challenge. The challenge was to spend $5 on supplies, then use them (as well as items already in your stash) to create a project. I got the flower brads and kraft strip on sale, then used them with a couple of blank cards I've had for years and some rub-ons I bought just because they were on clearance several years ago.

BTW: Easter symbols concentrate on signs of birth and rebirth - eggs, butterflies, rabbits. These symbols were used before Christianity came, but we know a good idea when we see one! Speaking of, check out my April Pintrest page for Easter ideas galore.

No comments: